Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Crooked Path Straightened

Wednesday 3 June
READ: Isa. 42:16
MORE LESSONS: Psa. 139:7-12

When the Almighty God decides to lead the way in destiny, the result can be awesome and unpredictably great. This is because Jehovah created the paths and He knows the ways. The forest, the sea, the oceans are all open routes to Him. Therefore, He cannot miss the way or get lost as the psalmist says, If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there, ...in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me Psa. 139:8-10. Again, God declares, For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. Psa. 50:10-11. Such is God's knowledge of all things that there is no better guide beside Him. And now this great “map” of the universe has made a promise, …I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known…. Isa. 42:16.
There is no reason to be confused, no excuse for missing your way or making costly mistakes anymore, except you refuse to choose God’s way or despise His instructions. The believer must not be afraid of missing the way in any area of life. All that is needed is to seek the God who knows the way for direction in marriage, career and other vital issues of life. Often, we consider the way of God as tough, difficult or slow and thus many choose their own ways and the consequences usually are disasterous. God cannot be blamed for any of such sorrowful endings because He has promised that even if you are blind, He is able and willing to lead you in the way you don’t know.
Friend, patiently seek God for all decisions in life and the darkness will become light before you and crooked things straight. Isaiah 42:16 ends with an assurance, These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. Jacob, David and Hannah are examples of people who patiently sought God and found Him. You too must seek Him by prayer, fasting, godly counsel and by His Word and all your crooked things shall be straightened out, in Jesus name.

Prayer/Action
* O Lord, straighten out the crooked path of my life.
* Lord, take confusion out of my destiny and lead me on life's pathway.
* Ask God to help you follow and patiently wait for His direction always.
Read Psa. 32:8. At regular intervals today, ask God to instruct, teach and guide you this year.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
Father, I lift my eyes to You; do not let the enemies triumph over me this month, in the mighty name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment