Monday, August 25, 2014

Lifted Heads

Text: Psa. 43:1-5
More Lessons: Psa. 3: 3-8
Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Corinthians 7-9

But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head: Psa. 3:3. I always tell people, when they come to the altar in church to pray not to cast down their head but to lift it up. This is a symbol of the lifting of a man's destiny that happens every time he comes to God. David asked in the Psalms that we read, Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God: Ps 43:5. I ask you the same question, 'why are you cast down?' In the same Psalms, David said, O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Ps 43:3-4 KJV. I want you to know that the cure for a cast down destiny is the altar of God.

Do not allow anything to keep you depressed and downcast. God is your glory and the lifter up of your head. A cast down countenance is a sign of defeat while a lifted head is a sign of boldness and confidence. No matter what you are going through or what you are trusting God for that you have not received, I want you to keep the excitement. Be lively and vibrant in countenance and sustain the joy of God in your heart. Keep your confessions alive; don't speak like a feeble man manifesting fear and discouragement on your face. Keep your heads high and lifted because He is your glory and the lifter of your head. Each time you cast down your head or allow depression to take a hold of you, Satan celebrates, your strength diminish, fear replaces faith, defeat is closer, the enemy is empowered to do more and gate of hell is opened wider. Therefore, you must refuse the temptation to give in to depression by singing a victory song. Instead make scriptural confessions, find a fellow believer to pray with, read the scriptures and mediate on them. Victory will immediately rise up for you.

Prayer/Action
* Take Psalm 121 and pray 8 prayers from verse 1-8, then say to the Lord “I have confidence in You, oh Lord! Keep my head above every troubled waters’’.

Like and share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment