Saturday, November 19, 2016

A Privileged Labourer

Saturday 19 November
READ: Matt. 20: 1- 8
MORE LESSONS: I Cor. 15: 7 -11

There are several lessons to learn from the parable in our text today. First, note that God will always depend on man to accomplish what He wants done on earth with regards to propagation of the gospel and every service that propagates His Kingdom. We are co-labourers with God, For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them: Eph. 2:10. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building: I Cor. 3:9.
Few of those things to learn from today's reading are:
1. Rising early to achieve the day's task is a character of the Kingdom to which we belong. The householder going out early to recruit men to his vineyard is a habit to inculcate, And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed: Mark 1:35.
2. The primary assignment we are called to do is to work for God's Kingdom. To the group, he recruited early and each of the groups recruited at the third, sixth, ninth and eleventh hours, the assignment is to go and work in his vineyard. The timing may differ but the purpose is the same (I Cor. 15:7-11).
3. God will always give everyone the opportunity to contribute to His Kingdom by giving him responsibility. Our Master always recruits and He does that at His own discretion. When God chooses new hands, it does not mean He no longer needs the one who was called earlier as long as he has not disqualified himself from the assignment. Those whom He chooses later are to complement those that have been there.
4. Whatever God has done or not done for others should not become a problem to you in the process of serving the Lord. What He promises those that come early is considered good for them, that is why they agree to work. Be sure that, faithful is he that calleth you, who will also do it: I Thes. 5:24.
5. Another important thing to learn from our text is that God will not owe any man, ...call the labourers, and give them their hire...: Matt 20:8. There is nothing done in the Kingdom that will not be rewarded. We are likened to hired labourers, wages will be paid. There are rewards for every service we render in God’s Kingdom here on earth and much more in eternity.

Prayer/Action
* Father, I thank you for giving me the privilege to serve in Your Kingdom.
* Lord, nothing will disqualify me from Your service.
* Father, help me to keep my eyes focused on my assignment and nothing will distract me, in Jesus' name.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
I shall not scatter with my feet what my hands have gathered for me, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment