Thursday, August 17, 2017

Write it Down

Thursday 17 August
READ: Hab. 2:2
MORE LESSON:  2 Tim. 4:11-13

Every word that you receive is not just information for today but counsel for tomorrow. You may become stuck later and it is the words that God has spoken to you in the past that will pull you out. In fact, God can send you a word which He knows you will need only in the future. It is important you write down the words that you receive from the Lord at your personal altar, in the congregation of God's children etc. Note the scriptures that minister to you, record God's counsel and prophecy to you.  We have emphasised the importance of reading in success, but we need to emphasise that of writing.

Hab. 2: 2 says, ...Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. You find it easy to run with a vision that you have written down. When God gave Joseph an explanation and prophecy about his future, what helped him was that he noted it. The vision was not just about his brothers and parents bowing to him. It was about Egypt and other nations bowing to him. He didn't have the full understanding when he received the word but because he noted it, it became clearer with time. Keep a diary of God's dealings in your life. Write down your plans and visions, thereby you will make maximum impact in life.

After I finished my A’ levels, I studied the Bible from Genesis to Revelation times and again. I was blessed but I wrote nothing down. However, one of those times I just decided to write down the things I learnt. So I bought a notebook, carried my Thomas Nelson Bible and made notes as I read. I was not in ministry that time; I merely was digging into the Word because of my love for it.

Years later, after God had called me into ministry and I was in Zaria, they were searching the cupboard in my parents' house and found a notebook where I wrote a lot of things. My mum sent the book to me in Zaria and I went over the notes again. I was simply amazed. The revelations in that book were so deep and profound that I could preach from that book for a whole year. In fact, some of the revelations were things I didn't remember anymore and it was like my notes were teaching me afresh. I was shocked I had written such depth of insight years earlier. I didn't know I would be a full time preacher of the Gospel when I was reading the Bible at that time but what made the difference is that I wrote as I read. What you write today will teach, counsel, guide and encourage you tomorrow. So write the vision. 

Prayer/Action
*  Prophesy the fulfilment of God’s promises to you, today and always, in Jesus’ name.
* Ask for a fresh revelation of God’s Word each time you read it.
*  Pray that you will be intentional about recording and cherishing your history with God from  today, in Jesus’ name.

TODAY’S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Jesus, I am kept in the hollow of your hand, I cannot be plucked out, I'm secured! Thank you Jesus, in Jesus' name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment