Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Handling Challenging Times

Text: Job 14:14
MORE LESSONS: Hab 2: 1-3
Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Chronicles 4-6

God's desire is that His children ceaselessly enjoy good times. God is good at all times and this means good for us in every season. But as believers we ought to know how to handle challenging times because even though we are blessed people, things can sometimes be really bad; we need to know what to do and what not to do at such times. Going through the Scripture, you can see that bad times sometimes come even to righteous people. The age long question many ask is, why should a good person run into bad times? Job was a righteous man who experienced a great calamity, but he declared, . . . till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live: Job 27:5-6. What a faithful worshipper of God. Job refused to speak against God or compromise in the situation; no wonder he finally came out greater and better (Job 42: 10-17). When times are really bad, you still must stand for God and for righteousness and He will finally elevate you.

David, the man after God's heart, was another man that was familiar with difficult times. On one occasion he burst out in frustration, My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword: Psa. 57:4. On another occasion he despaired, And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then would I fly away, and be at rest: Psa. 55:6. David felt like giving up and running away just like you feel like throwing in the towel many times but he did not. Rather he affirmed his faith in God, As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.

Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice: Psa. 55:16-17. David went through it all and at the end he had the testimony of being Israel's greatest king in history and the reference point for other kings. When you wait for God and prevail over a problem you become a reference point for uplifting many. This is the reason you must emerge victorious over that issue. The strength of God will not fail you, in Jesus’ name. In difficult times do like David did, pray; add Job’s strategy, maintain your integrity. Finally, trust in God and wait on Him by faith till your change comes.

Prayer/Action
* Pray for God’s help never to quit in adversity.
* Pray like David- But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory , and the lifter up of mine head:Ps3:3.
* Declare like Job, all the days of my life will I wait on you, Oh God till you change my situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment