Thursday, November 26, 2015

All Things New

Thursday 26 November
READ: II Cor 5:16-21
MORE LESSON: Ezek. 36: 25-27

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new: v17. This is an expected outcome of any man who has repented of his or her sin and confessed Jesus as his Lord and Master as I found in today’s text. When a person has confessed Christ and accepted Him as his Lord and Saviour, he becomes a new creature. One missionary's daughter said: “Having new clothes was something special to me when I was growing up because my parents were home missionaries. I got many of my clothes from a missionary barrel; actually this had its advantages. I had many more clothes than I might have had if my parents had to buy everything I wore”. The way most people desire new things (clothes, cars, phones, shoes etc) is actually the way God desires newness of life from a believer.

How can one know when either he or another person has become new in Christ Jesus? One great evidence of newness is a concern for those who do not know Christ. A new man in Christ recognizes his position as an ambassador for his Saviour and so develops an insatiable desire for the salvation of lost souls. In this way, God provides a way for individuals to be reconciled to Him. It is the will of God that we share this news of reaching the unreached with others because that is the major reason why we are alive.

Moreover, other evidences of new life in Christ include the following:
1. Growth (1Pet 2:1-2) 
2. Change (Rom 6:4-11) 
3. Knowledge (1Cor 2:12-16) 
4. Fruitfulness (John 15:1-8)
5. Daily victory (1John5:4)
6. Holy life (1John3:9).

Dearly beloved, all these things and more must be found in your life before you can be said to be a new creature in Christ Jesus.

Prayer/Action
* Today, I receive the grace to reach out to more sinners, in Jesus’ mighty name.
* Father, I receive Your power to live the new life in Christ everyday.
* I am a new creature in Christ, the yoke of sin is broken off my life.

PROPHETIC PRAYER. 
I command the doors of abundant provision to be opened to me, my family, business and my destiny, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment