Monday, October 31, 2016

Worship the King II

Monday 31 October
READ: Acts 1: 12 -15
MORE LESSON: John 2: 5

Only Jesus, the King of kings, deserves our worship. Only Jesus can save and only Jesus should be worshipped. No saint, apostle or prophet should be worshipped; not even the disciples of Jesus, His father or His mother. The worship of any other than Jesus is idolatry, no matter how closely related the person is to Him. If the worship is not to Jesus, it is unacceptable.
The mother of Jesus was a worshipper of Jesus. She, like every other person, received salvation and baptism of the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ. When the disciples gathered in the upper room, praying and worshipping Jesus, Mary the mother of Jesus was there. She was a believer in the Lordship of Jesus. She didn't see Him as her son anymore; she knew that He was God in the flesh who died, rose again and is now seated at the right hand of the Majesty on High for the remission of the sin of the whole world, including hers. Mary believed and was saved.
Culturally, the mother of a king is under the lordship of the king. This is what Mary understood when some people needed a miracle and came to her. She quickly directed them to Jesus and advised them to do whatever Jesus told them to do. She knew that she couldn't give them a miracle; only Jesus could (John 2: 5 – 9).
I remember that before my mother went to be with the Lord, I was ministering under the unction of the Lord and I was laying hands on all the people in a service. As people passed on the line, I laid hands as quickly as I could without looking at their faces. All of a sudden, I saw the next person kneeling before me and as I laid hands on her head, I discovered in a fleeting moment that it was my mother. I was immediately at a loss how to react as I wondered, 'What have I just done now? My own mother knelt before me and I laid hands on her.' When we got home, I wanted to apologise for laying hands on her head and was questioning why she came and knelt before me. However, I thank God for the height of her spiritual understanding. She laughed and said that she wasn't kneeling before me. She said, 'Son, there is Someone in you that is greater than both you and I. It was that Person I was kneeling before.' From that day, I had an understanding that it is not the person of the king that is the question when it comes to the worship of the king. It is the King in him that is worshipped.
Only Jesus the King deserves the worship. Even the mother of a king bows down to the king because it is not about her son; it is about the King in him.

Prayer/Action
* In the name of Jesus, the King in me shall manifest for the world to see.
* Pray that God will give you the wisdom to know how to revere His Lordship in the life of His servants.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Father, thank You for being Lord over my October , no one can guarantee life for a second, but You have guaranteed 10 months, Thank You, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment