Monday, June 19, 2017

Result Day

Monday 19 June
READ: Heb. 9:27
MORE LESSON: Eccl. 12:13-14

When I was in elementary school, we had a day called 'the result day.' It was the day the report cards for the term were given to the pupils to take home to their parents. The result days were bad days for me. My mother might not know when we wrote exams at school but she sure did know the day the results were given. That day I would refuse to go home until she came looking for me. I really failed examinations then, so when the result day came, I would collect the result but couldn't go home to show it. It was so bad that I had to be promoted on trial only because I had become the biggest boy in my class. However, things changed for me academically when I met Christ.
Life is like writing examinations everyday and one day your result will be known. Even teachers that give examinations in school have to know that they are also writing exams. Pastors, parents, bankers, business people, whatever you do, you are writing exams daily and your results will be out one day. If you don't want to be sad and ashamed to take your results home, you have to do something today.
Heb 9:27 says, ...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. That is the result day! God has fixed a day of reckoning when you will give account of your life. This is why you have to start from today to practise the wisdom that will make your result to be presentable on that day. All it takes to get your result presentable is to get your exams right. Getting this particular examination is the easiest thing because you are not even required to answer the questions, you are just to copy the answers right. Jesus has already answered the questions, all He requires of you is to copy the answers from His sheet into yours and you pass. Don't be like I was when a teacher told me that even if he gave me the answer sheet to copy, I would still fail. This examination is so critical and the questions have been answered, just take the answer sheet and copy.
The answer is salvation through the Blood of Jesus and you copy by being born again. You can't afford to fail God's exam. Can you imagine a man going to hell just because he is too proud to accept forgiveness of sin by saying, 'Lord I am sorry, I am a sinner' There is always a punishment for failing exams. Hell is the punishment for failing life’s exams.

Prayer/Action
* Lord, help me to live in such a way that I shall not be ashamed to stand before You, in the name of Jesus.
* When the Judge shall decide my case, I will not be a failure, in Jesus’ name.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
In the journey of life in 2017, I shall not be stranded, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment