Thursday, June 21, 2018

Perfect Love

Thursday 21 June
READ: Romans 5:5-8
MORE LESSON: John. 3:16

I am looking forward to the day and time when Christians, including me will love others with Jesus' type of love. This is the cry of my heart that I will love all people exactly the way Jesus loves me. I believe that therein lies the solution the world is looking for. The Bible says, ...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us: Rom. 5:8. That is the difference between the love of man and that of God. God loves us even with our flaws. He does not wait for us to be perfect before loving us; rather, He invites us just as we are and perfects us on arrival.
It is very difficult to find someone who can see your flaws and your immaturity and still love you in spite of all. Someone once said, If the only way you can love me is after I have perfected my imperfections, then you really don't love me. Indeed, it is good to ask ourselves, How many of us really love people for who they are and not for what we can have from them? Love is perfect when it is expressed without conditions. Paul gives us the characteristics of perfect love in I Cor. 13:4-7;
…Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Each of these traits of love will solve any problem anywhere in the world. Anything in the name of love less than this is fake and will only create more problems than solve them.
Let me say it again, God loved you while you were unlovable so you would never have to hide in the bushes again like Adam. He has loved you with an everlasting love and you must also love someone the way you have been loved. In marriage, we must love our spouses whatever they are. Once you have said, “I do”, you must always “do” without reservation. Among the brethren, we must endeavour to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3).
As a way of life, we must love strong enough to warn friends, family members and neighbours about the danger of hell and tell them of the unconditional love of God for all mankind. Above all, perfect love must be honest and transparent enough to say, This is who I am, and it is all that I am; love me and be patient with me. There is no telling what I will become, but today this is who I am. I love you!

Prayer/Action
* Ask for the mind of Christ in order to walk in perfect love for others.
* Pray that in our homes and assemblies, the love of Christ will reign supreme.
* Break the force of offence, bitterness and hatred over your life, and receive the right heart to walk in love.

TODAY’S PROPHETIC PRAYER: My Father, as You have promised in Your Word, increase my strength, my capacity and ability, end every limitation and weakness in my destiny, in the mighty name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment