Friday, May 2, 2014

Are you ready?

Text: I Thess.4:13-18
More Lessons: Titus 2:13
Bible Reading in One Year: Judges 19-21

The second coming of the Lord is much closer than ever before. Rapture (the taking away of the believers from the earth before the tribulation) is the event the world will soon experience whether we are ready for it or not.

After hearing a message about the rapture, a teenage boy said “I know the Lord is coming someday but I hope it isn't right away, I have got a lot of things that I want to do!” Most Bible scholars and preachers agree that the signs of the times are pointing to the soon coming of Jesus Christ to rescue believers from the earth to the marriage supper of the Lamb in the sky for three and half years. Unfortunately, some Christians are no longer waiting or eager about the taking away of the believers from the earth (rapture). Rather a number of believers are becoming so much involved with the things of the world of becoming indifferent about the second coming of Jesus. We should be living in constant expectation of that glorious event since no one really knows for sure when Christ is coming to take away His own.

Jesus gave us the key and made us to understand how we should live while awaiting His coming …Occupy till I come: Lk.19:13. That is to say, while we are waiting for Christ’s return we should be involved in active service for God in His vineyard. I Cor.15:52 makes us to understand how it will happen; In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,.... Beloved, it will be a very snappy thing, with no time to pray sinners prayer then. Why not pray, restitute and preach Christ to all today? …at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,… Rapture will be a secret silent event and it will not happen twice. It is the very one and only last trumpet blow for the exodus of the believers from the earth. …and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. That is to say, we shall not stand before God in this our mortal body, there shall be a change! Are you ready to put on another body? Are you ready to walk on the streets of Gold? It wouldn't be long again, so get ready.

Prayer/Action
*Father, let my heart not depart from you. I want to love you more.
*Lord Jesus help me love your appearing.
*Today, I break my league with anything that will not allow me to be ready when You come.

Like and share

0 comments:

Post a Comment