Saturday, May 31, 2014

Go Forward, not Back and Forth

Text: Acts 7:30-36
More Lessons: Exo.7:3-5
Bible Reading in One Year: 1 Kings 8-10

My understanding of today's text is based on the New Living Translation (NLT), And by means of many wonders and miraculous signs, he led them out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, and through the wilderness for forty years Acts 7:36. What a tragedy! The people moved back and forth in the wilderness, which explains why a journey that should take eleven days took forty years (Ex.14:15). Even then they did not make it to Canaan, except Joshua and Caleb, all because they did not believe or obey His Word in the wilderness.

Today, I rebuke every work of sin that can make you go back and forth in destiny. Indeed, it is time to stop retrogressing in your life's journey. I was troubled when I read Acts 7:36 and I prayed that stagnancy will not prevail over my life ever. And I pray for you, no more one step forward and three steps backward, in Jesus’ mighty name.

Now pray:
1. I shall not perish with the wicked in life.
2. I shall not die unfulfilled, I shall make it to Canaan.
3. The forces of backwardness and stagnancy shall not accompany me on my life journey.
4. I shall ever move forward and make progress.
5. I shall not live a life of disobedience which could bring God's wrath upon my life.

How do you avoid going back and forth?
1. Believe every Word God gives to you without doubt.
2. Let your obedience to the Word be prompt and total.
3. Do not listen to or company with anyone who tells you that God's Word cannot come to pass in your life.
4. Get rid of sin, lust and uncleanness in your life.
5. Develop the habit of listening attentively to God for His Word for you.

From today, you will go forward, steadily and consistently. Your pathway in life will shine more and more and you will not diminish, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day Prov.4:18.

Prayer/Action
Using Ex.15:14 to pray: make a list of things that you have not been satisfied with, their level of progress and command them to begin to move forward from today. Also use Josh.1:2-3; Job 8:7; Psa.84:7.

Like and share

0 comments:

Post a Comment