Tuesday, June 3, 2014

His Glory I

Text: Exo 33: 11-19
More Lessons: Exo. 40: 33-38
Bible Reading in One Year: 1Kings 17-19

Today I will like to expound on what the glory of God is so that the desire for more of His glory will be fanned up in your heart. Moses asked to see God's glory and God told him, You cannot see my face: for no one may see me, and live: v20. But God didn't leave him empty handed. He said to him, I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence: Exo. 33:19 (NIV).

Moses asked for glory and here was God talking about His goodness and His Name. I want you to know that God's goodness is part of God's glory. You experience glory when God becomes so good to you that it cannot be explained. The name of the Lord is also part of the glory of God. When the name of the Lord is upon you, you start enjoying glory. His name is wonderful, so your life becomes wonderful, attractive, and beautiful. His name is The Prince of Peace; and you will become full of peace in a world where everyone is seeking for peace.

And God passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin: Exo. 34:6-7 (NIV).

Moses asked for glory, and God talked about His mercy, His love, His faithfulness, His compassion and His forgiveness. But when we look at the life of Moses after this encounter, we cannot deny that He experienced the glory. So God's graciousness to you is glory. You cannot access the glory of God except by His grace; it is not by labour and strength, but it is a gift of God. God told Moses “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and show mercy to whom I will show mercy”. He enjoyed God's mercy, compassion, help and presence.

Moses knew he couldn't fulfil his assignment without God so He asked that he might know God and His ways. Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people: Exo. 33:13 (NKJV).

Divine direction is part of glory. Moses always knew what to do in each situation to produce the miracle. Many people are struggling, pursuing the wrong vision and career without success. Glory comes when you discover your purpose and when God shows you His way, that you may know Him and that you may find grace in His sight. I am sure you know what God's glory can do in your destiny and that you are ready to ask for His glory now.

Prayer/Action
* Ask that the glory of God will perfume your destiny.
* Ask God to beautify your destiny with His glory.
* Pray that you will never walk a day without God's glory.
* Ask God for His goodness, mercy, grace, compassion and faithfulness.

Like and share

0 comments:

Post a Comment