Tuesday, November 25, 2014

It is a Stepping Stone

Text: Phil.1:19-21
More Lessons: 2Cor .4:16-18
Bible Reading in one Year: Zephaniah 1-3

How can you say that the beating and stoning by the villagers is working out something great for the kingdom of God? This was a question asked by a young brother in the Faith who went out with a group of brethren to a village in Northern Nigeria for a crusade. Barely had they settled down to begin their preaching when some Muslim radicals came against them hurling stones and sticks. The brethren had to run for their precious lives. True to it, how can God's purpose be fulfilled and His kingdom increase in my pains? Exodus 1:12, 20 suggest an answer. Israelites were subjected to forced labour with rigour in Egypt and were afflicted on every side. But the more the Egyptians afflicted them, the more they multiplied. I perceived that the cruel treatment outside the home made the individual family members to come together in deep love and affection for one another. I could hear them say to one another, “if they hate us and maltreat us out there, Let us not maltreat one another inside our home, let us love one another. If they say they don't want to see us, let us see more of one another”. Since the Hebrew husbands had nowhere to go after field day; they had more time at home with their wives and children, and the resultant effect was increase and multiplication and stronger family ties. Apostle Paul was given a thorn in his flesh. He wrote: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong: 2 Cor. 12:7-10. Apostle Paul summed it up this way: He wrote while he was in prison: For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. You will surely testify of victory before the people in Jesus name.

Prayer/Action
* Appreciate God for all you are going through
* Ask God to use your pains and difficulties to step you into greater height.

Like and Share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment