Friday, May 22, 2015

The Worth of your Affliction

Friday 22 May
READ: Psa. 119:66-71
MORE LESSONS: Psa. 55:1-9

Obviously, from our scriptural passage, there is something good after all from affliction, It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes: Psa. 119:71. This is a confession from someone who has gone through it directly and not just an observer or a commentator. King David was one king in Israel who really went through affliction in life. Before he became a king, he suffered in the hands of his predecessor, King Saul. In fact, during that crisis, he once burst out in frustration, Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.

My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest Psa. 55:3-6. And even after he got to the throne, it was one battle after the other that sometimes he even wished he was dead, yet one day came when he looked back and said, … it is good for me that I have been afflicted.… Psa. 119:71.

Today, I prophesy to you, you too will get there, when your affliction will become a blessing, in Jesus mighty name. What benefits did David get from his affliction? (i) …that I might learn thy statutes Psa. 119:71. Affliction can get us to a clearer knowledge of the working of God's Word. (ii) Affliction can bring out the best that is hidden inside you. (iii) Affliction can reveal your level of strength. You may never appreciate the level of grace and ability that you carry until it is tried in the fire. Job said, …when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold Job 23:10.

My father once told me that it is a fruitful tree that is always stoned. No man throws stones at a tree that has no fruit on it. Understand today that it is not every affliction that is from the devil. God could be taking you via a challenge to a higher ground. Even afflictions that come from the devil can work together for your good (Rom. 8:28) as long as you love the Lord and stay in His Word. Today, I reverse every affliction and I turn them to your advantage.

Prayer/Action
* Everything must work together for my good this year.
* I receive strength to go through every challenge of life and to come forth as gold.
* Every enemy's desire over me shall fail hence forth.
* I turn every adversity to flight today, in Jesus' mighty name.
--- Create time today at about 12pm -1pm and 12am - 1am and call upon God to look at the afflictions of your life and speedily turn them to good (Psa. 55:1).

PROPHETIC PRAYER
As the day of the Lord gets closer, so shall my walk with the Lord get stronger, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment