Sunday, May 24, 2015

What God Won’t Do

Sunday 24 May
READ: Psa. 22:1-11
MORE LESSONS: Mk. 15:33-37

Jesus Christ was forsaken that you and I might not be forsaken. God the Father forsook His Son on the cross when Christ was made sin for us (II Cor. 5:21). Therefore you cannot be forsaken because the Saviour was forsaken in your place; you can't be forsaken because of His promise, … I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee: Heb. 13:5. You cannot be forsaken because of His presence, … and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen: Matt. 28:20. You cannot be forsaken because of His purpose, And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose: Rom. 8:28.

In spite of your circumstances and your feelings, remember that God will not forsake you. Our text today records how King David complained and murmured about his prevailing situation, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me….: Psa. 22:1. But from verse 3, David resorted to praises. He remembered God's goodness towards his fathers and in verse 11, he stressed his helplessness, Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

This is how to face an adverse situation. It is high time you quit complaining and try to remember your blessings. Then you will know that God has not forsaken you, I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid…. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew….: Rom. 11:1-2. This scripture is an assurance that God does not forsake His own. Are you a child of God? Believe that God Almighty does not cast away nor forsake His own.

Prayer/Action
* Renounce every suggestion of the devil that God has forsaken you.
* Pray that the faithfulness of God will be your testimony this year.
* Ask that all things will work together for your good this year.
--- What will God not do or what cannot happen with God, Isa. 40:28? Relate this to God’s promises to you.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
I shall not see reproach, and my enemies will not rejoice over me as the Lord lives, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment