Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Unlimited God

Thursday 11 February
READ:Isa. 7: 10 – 14
MORE LESSON:Jer. 32: 27

In receiving blessings and gifts, it is not just important to know what we want to receive. It is of importance that we have an in-depth knowledge of who we are receiving from. Who is he? What can he do? For example, if you come to me to ask for a premeditated amount of money without knowing how much I have on me; two things are likely to happen. It is either you ask from me more than I have to give or you ask less than I am able to give. If you ask from me something more than my capacity, I will tell you I can’t afford that much and give you how much I can afford. But if you ask less, too bad for you, because I will just keep quiet and give you what you ask and keep the remaining in my pocket. So, the knowledge of ability is vital in maximally receiving from a person. This is the reason the Bible is full of stories of the exploits done by the Lord; it is God’s attempt to educate you about His ability. He taught a little of the account of His deeds in peoples’ lives in the Bible so that you will know what He is capable of doing and so believe Him for such.
In the book of Isaiah, God spoke to Ahaz, saying, Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God; Ask it either in the depth or in the height above. But Ahaz said, I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord! Isa. 7:10-12. Here God was telling a man to put a demand on Him; He wanted the man to make it as difficult as possible. It was like giving a man a signed blank cheque and asking him to fill in any amount of money he wanted. But Ahaz replied that he would not ask for anything in case he asked for something the Lord could not do and so embarrassed the Lord.
This is the mentality carried by many believers; they don't pray for big things, they are afraid for God that He might be overstretched in His attempt to do such things for them. They don't dare big things in case God is not able to carry them through and they fail. But hear the response God gave Ahaz, Hear now oh house of David! It is a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call His name Immanuel.
God is not a man that your request will be too great for Him. There is nothing you need that is too big a burden for God. This is the reason you must not limit the Holy One, But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible: Matt. 19:26.

Prayer/Action
* I receive faith to see You Lord as God of all possibilities, in Jesus’ name.
* Lord, do to me above what I imagine or dare to ask, in Jesus’ name.
* Henceforth, I refuse to doubt You Lord, in Jesus’ name.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
I declare that the dead bones of my life shall rise again and bring a greater glory into my destiny

0 comments:

Post a Comment