Thursday, March 17, 2016

Faithful and True

Thursday 17 March
READ: Isa. 25: 1
MORE LESSON: Rev 19: 11

The Scripture declares, O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth: Isa.25:1. This means that the testimonies of God from ancient times are faithful and true. You can rely on His testimonies and when you do, you also will have a testimony to give about Him. I always insist that too many people have a testimony of God’s faithfulness that they all can’t be wrong or lying; many people have confirmed the faithfulness of God. From scriptural to contemporary accounts, the testimonies about God’s faithfulness are too numerous to be just make-believe. Any man that doesn't have a testimony about the faithfulness of God has to check himself; he is in the minority.
There was a man and his wife that came to me weeping. They had been rich and very influential. Then something happened and everything was all gone; they realised that they were ‘finished’. This is the reason you can't trust money, beauty, certificate and other physical things because they are temporal and can be gone in a short time: God must be your trust everyday of life. After the couple told me their story, I was moved to deep prayer as they cried. I asked God to change their situation and send help.
Sometime later, I began to see someone on TV that looked like the man but I didn't give it so much thought because I didn't even think it could be him. One day I met him and he was looking different; he approached me and said, 'Your God is faithful; He has helped us.' As he continued to talk, he told me that he has a meeting organised for Independence Day and the president of the nation will be there. It was then I remembered the face I had been seeing on TV and asked him if he was the one. He said he was and testified that from the very day I prayed for him and his wife, things began to change; He is a celebrity now. The Faithful and True One visited him and turned things around for him. I have seen people move from failure to celebration in days; I have seen probation turned to academic excellence.
I can give several testimonies, not only from the Bible, but also of people you can visit today and they will confirm that there is a God whose counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. I want you to believe Him so that you will join the league of men that testify of His faithfulness. Your situation is changed for the better from today, in Jesus’ name. The next time we want to testify about the faithfulness and truth of God's testimony, it is your story we will use. God has not changed; He is still as faithful as of old. He is the same today, tomorrow and forever. Faithful and consistent God, I bow before Your throne.

Prayer/Action
* Praise the Lord for His faithfulness, tender mercies and loving kindness.
* Ask God by His faithfulness to visit the works of your hand today.
* Declare positive things over your destiny, trusting in God’s faithfulness.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
This month, I reject every atmosphere and occasion for sorrow, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment