Saturday, March 26, 2016

Jesus Only!

Saturday 26 March
READ: Phil 3: 8 - 11
MORE LESSON: Matt 6: 33

Paul was a man that was successful by all standards of his time. He was a doctor of law and among the ruling class of the tribes of Israel. He had a great career ahead of him and he was doing well. When he had an encounter with Jesus, his priority in life changed. He forsook all the things he had and followed after Jesus only. Paul said, But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ: Phil 3:7-8. When you read the account of Jesus' disciples you will realise that all of them left something to go after Jesus. Peter left his massive catch at his fishing business. James, John and Andrew left their boats in the sea and followed Jesus. Matthew left his position as a tax collector where he was making money from the people. It is not everyone that is called into full time ministry but every child of God must certainly have testimonies of things that he has sacrificed in his pursuit of God.
I want to let you know that the only right thing to pursue in life is Jesus. When you have Jesus, you have access to all things. Matt 6: 33 says, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Seek Jesus and His righteousness. Sacrifice, serve, give and do all you can for the expansion of the Kingdom. Some people deceive themselves by saying that they are pursuing life goals and that when they get all they are running after, they will bring it to serve Jesus. You don't seek things to come serve Jesus with. That is not the right order, seek Jesus first. Just as you are, keep seeking Him. When you pursue Jesus, all things will pursue you. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus is the possessor of all things (Heb 1:2). With Him, you possess all things.
Someone would say that “I am born again. I have Jesus already. So let me pursue other thing”. Getting Jesus is not a once and for all event. You must keep following and desiring Him. Every single day of your life must be spent desiring and seeking more of Him, According to 2 Cor. 3: 18, But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. Beholding Jesus is a continuous exercise.
I boldly assure you that as you pursue Him, nothing good in life will elude you. When you make Jesus your priority in life,all things will follow you.

Prayer/Action
* Father, deliver me from anything that will shift my attention from Jesus.
* Father, help me to keep following and desiring You daily.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
I declare that my enemies shall not live to rejoice over me and my family, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment