Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Men will Laugh with You

Tuesday 7 June
READ: Gen 15: 1 – 6
MORE LESSON: Gen 18: 9 - 15

Abraham is respected and regarded as the father of all in the faith because of his demonstration of faith in God (Gal 3: 7). But even faithful Abraham once got to a point where the situation looked so hopeless that he complained. In Gen 15: 1, the Lord said to Abram, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. God called him by name and made a great promise to him. One would have thought that Abraham would have celebrated such a wonderful promise but he responded, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. He heard God's promise and responded with complaints and doubts because he was overwhelmed by situations. When situations go wrong for a protracted length of time, even a man of faith can be turned to a weakling. That is why I pray for you that every stubborn situation that is making you begin to doubt God will bow and give way today, in Jesus’ name.
Even Sarah too got to the point where she didn't have faith anymore. The Lord spoke to her in Gen 18: 9 - 12, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.. . .
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? People laughed at her so much that she began to laugh at herself. The issue had become so much of a reproach to her that she laughed at herself. But I declare by the Spirit of the Lord that every unyielding reproach that has turned your faith to unbelief is destroyed today, in Jesus’ name.
However, in Gen 21:1-3, the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. The Lord visited Sarah and she gave birth to a son and they called him Isaac – meaning laughter. Everyone that had laughed at her began to laugh with her. God will visit you and do as He has said. God will not do less than He has promised you. Whatever the promise of God is which is looking weak in your life and is starting to turn your faith to unbelief, I want you to know that God will strengthen you today and bring laughter and testimony out of that situation. The same Abraham who complained and Sarah who doubted eventually celebrated the faithfulness of God. God brought laughter out of a written-off situation for them and He will do the same for you.

Prayer/Action
* Oh Lord, replace my tears today with laughter, in Jesus’ name.
* Lord, today, give me a song as an answer to those that ask me where my God is that gives song.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
I prophesy to my destiny, in the month of June, there shall be no limit to how far you can go in life in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment