Thursday, December 11, 2014

Prayer Warfare

Text: Psalm 35: 1
More Lessons: I Thes. 1:6
Bible Reading in one Year: Jeremiah 3-5

A long time ago, I confronted some demonic people in a village and then they came to my window and cried a traditional song called the dirge- a song for the dead. I grew up partly in a traditional environment so I know what it means when they come to sing a dirge for a living person; they were indirectly telling me, 'You are a dead man!” I didn't keep quiet; I called my wife to be a witness as I pronounced judgment on the man that sang the song. I said, 'The man that did this will die in 21 days.' That man did not survive it. If I kept quiet and folded my hands, maybe you will not have the preacher that I am today.
In Psalm 35, David uttered some prayers against his strong enemies that sought to destroy his life. Plead my cause oh Lord with them that strive with me. Fight against them that fight against me.... These prayers are written in the Scripture, which reveal God's will and are authored by the Holy Spirit. So it is God's will to raise spiritual altars of prayer and fight those who fight you. It is God's will to come to your help by using His shield, buckler and spear against those that seek to destroy your soul. Some people say that this type of prayer of warfare is wrong and it is prayed only some believers and denominations that are fanatical.

It is scriptural to wage war in prayers to destroy anything that wants to destroy you. You should activate the scriptures over your life by confessing and praying scriptures of warfare against everything working against you and then your joy, gladness and prosperity will come. Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me. Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long: Ps 35:26-28.

When you wage war in prayers and overcome, then your joy and prosperity come and your prayer of warfare becomes prayers of praise. You have a right in God to send back to sender any arrow an enemy sends again you. In fact, if they shoot you in one way, tell God to shoot them in seven ways: The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways: Deut 28:7.

Prayer / Action
*Give thanks to God for being the Father that can defend His children.
* Pray that no enemy will gain an upper hand against you in destiny.
Use the following scriptures in prayer today at either 10 am, 12 noon, 1pm or 6pm -Psa.35:1, Psa. 18:29, 37-44.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment