Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fulfilling Prophecy

Saturday 24 October
READ: Gen. 12: 1-3
MORE LESSON: Psa. 89:34-37

God gave a prophecy to Abram that he would become a father of many nations. (Gen. 12: 1 – 3). The word of the Lord came to Abram directly and God fulfilled it in his life and in his seed after him. Daniel was another person that experienced the fulfilment of prophecy in his life. God told Israel that they would spend 70 years in exile, after which they will be free. Daniel discovered this in the scripture and he stood on it unto reality. (Dan 9: 2). Daniel read in scriptures a prophecy that was not given directly to him but to Jeremiah, he picked up the word from scriptures and prayed it until it manifested.

A word of prophecy came to these two people in two different ways and both were equally potent. God can speak directly to you or you can hold to the word of God which is full of prophecies for every good prophecy in the word of God is for you. When you hold persistently to what God said to you – either directly or through the scripture, no matter what the devil says or does, you will experience the fulfilment of that prophecy and your problems will be changed to testimonies.

As a young believer, one day I was doing some chores in the house and singing in the spirit; suddenly I spoke out, My name is David and then I spoke some other things about myself that would also come to pass later in my life. The baptismal name my father gave me was not David but as I was singing that day, I spoke a few things about the vision of what God would have me do later in life and bearing the name David was part of it. My Dad was a very strict disciplinarian, so I had to compose myself very well to tell him what I thought would more or less sound to him like I didn't want the name he gave me anymore and I wanted my name changed to David. But having heard God very clear, I was bold about it.

So I walked to my dad and said Daddy, my name is David. He stood for a few minutes looking at my face and I stood there imagining what will happen ready to run quickly if need be. Contrary to my expectation, he said, ok, David, you will be David; he confirmed it. That name and all the things I spoke out that day are finding expression in my life today. That was a personal word I received directly from the Lord. For you, it might be discovered from scriptures. However it comes, I want you to hold to God's prophetic promises over your life and they will come to pass. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Num. 23:19.

Prayer/Action
* Rise up and begin to announce God’s covenants and promise over your life and decree them into reality, in Jesus’ name.
* Tell the Lord, you believe His Word over your life and that you will wait on him till performance. 
* Give God praise for being a faithful God ever!

PROPHETIC PRAYER
At sunrise today, there shall be help for me and at sunset I will be celebrating, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment