Saturday, April 8, 2017

Deeper with God

Saturday 8 April
READ: Ezek. 1:1-10
MORE LESSON: Psa. 27:4-12

Everyone desires open heaven in life; no one wants dryness, dullness or fruitlessness, yet there is no open heaven without taking steps to go further with God. Consider the testimonies that David recorded in Psa. 27: 1-3, The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
All these testimonies are anchored on verse 4 of Psa. 27, One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life…. The blessings and experiences that are got in God are proportional to your consistent walk with the Lord. Several people see others enjoy open heaven, clear vision and progressive accomplishments and wonder why they do not have similar progress, they question the faithfulness of God. What God gives one, He is willing to give the others but there is a path to it. A person, who spends endless hours watching telly without control, does not restrain his eating habits to allow deliberate times to fellowship and commune with God in prayer, cannot enjoy open heaven.
So how can one have open heaven that leads to great visions of God and subsequently to great fulfilment? The principles of God are ever the same, do the following:
1) Create time to cultivate your relationship with God by personal fellowship and communion. Quiet time before the Lord must never become a tradition or be perfunctory. Some people's quiet time is one way, only speaking and no listening. As you worship God and speak to Him, allow Him also to speak back to you.
2)Take time with the Word of God to read it often, meditate upon it, fellowship with the Word, confess and believe it. Do not relegate the Bible only to the times you take it to church.
3) Cultivate listening to your spirit taking the instructions of the Holy Spirit by acknowledging His presence daily and allowing His guidance in your daily walk and work.
4) Love the house of the Lord as the psalmist said above, both for service and worship.
5) Choose to obey God rather than men even when you are said to be foolish. All these patterns, when conscientiously cultivated, will open the heaven upon you and like the prophet in today's reading you will see visions of God and enter the supernatural.

Prayer/Action
* I receive fresh grace for sweet times of fellowship with the Lord, in Jesus’ name.
* My heaven will not be shut, in Jesus’ name.
**Deliberately write your day of special appointment with God that no one will make you shift, alter or break, consciously observe it.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Today I release the power of life and good living into my destiny, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment