Thursday, April 6, 2017

Temple of God

Thursday 6 April
READ: I Cor.6:13-20
MORE LESSON: I Cor.3:16-17

Man makes great presumptions about the issues of possession. Many times man does not think deeply about the issue of divine ownership. This attitude is common with the issue of man’s body. Several say, “ It is my body, I can do what I want to it, put what I want on it, go where I like with it and use whatever I want on it; after all it is my body”. This is a great contrast to what today's texts tell us about the body, Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot?.... know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's: I Cor.6:13b,15,19-20.
This is the declaration of God concerning our body, which calls for carefulness, especially as God warned, If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are: I Cor. 3:17. An attempt to destroy the body leads to judgment and destruction by God. This also implies an automatic curse upon evil spirits sent to destroy your body by demonic illness and affliction. This morning I decree the judgment of God by fire on anything that attempts to destroy your body, in Jesus’ name.
What do I do to keep this body holy for God?: (1.) I must glorify God with my body, that is, use the body to do things that please God, that bring glory to God whether by sight, hearing, perceiving, eating or acting. Things that please God that I must use my body for include singing to Him, praises, prayers, testifying of His works, evangelism, godly visits, working in God's house and doing good (Acts 10:38).Check yourself daily, do you glorify God with the things you do with your body? (2.) I must not allow the body to break down through carelessness or presumptuousness in what I eat, wear, touch or handle. I must play my part in the preservation of the temple of God by eating correctly, avoiding things that destroy the body such as alcohol, tobacco, excess sugar or salt and unhealthy foods; exercise, rest and disallow negative emotions that open doors for physical breakdown, especially through worry and anxiety.
Because the Lord is for your body, He is under self-imposed obligation to preserve His temple and He is able to keep whatever is committed into His hand with accurate precision. Commit your body to Him this morning and He will preserve it blameless to His second coming (I Thess. 5:23).

Prayer/Action
* Lord, I dedicate my body to You afresh as Your holy habitation, preserve it for me all the days of my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
** Take a little moment to reflect on how you handle your body, discard habits that are destructive and make resolutions for health-preserving habits for your body.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Defeat or loss shall not be found in my life anymore, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment