Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Light versus Darkness II

Tuesday 11 April
READ: Luke 10:17-22
MORE LESSON: Psa. 27:1-3

Has it ever occurred to you that darkness travels in reverse order of the speed of light when ever light shows up? No matter the strength of darkness, it rolls back at the spark of light. The speed at which darkness will roll back is as fast as the strength of the light that confronts it. As fickle as light might be, darkness must submit to its authority. This phenomenon is a typology of the prevailing power of the kingdom of God over the kingdom of darkness. When you know this truth and operate in it, you will always be on top of situations and satan cannot harass you at will.
When Jesus sent out His disciples to propagate His kingdom, He gave them authority over the powers of satan, to heal the sick, deliver the oppressed and even raise the dead. It seems the disciples did not comprehend the magnitude of what they carried. They might have gone in simple obedience. They came back full of excitement as they reported to Jesus, …Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name: v17. Jesus also responded: And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven: v18. Can you imagine the speed of lightning? Thundering is as a result of clash of windstorms. When the windstorms collide, we see the flash of light before hearing the sound. Jesus said, the speed at which satan falls from any position he occupies and reigns when a light carrier appears is like that of lightning. Even before you hear satan tumbling and crashing out, he has fallen.
Why then do some believers tremble in fear of satan and what satanic agents can do to them? The answer is one: they do not know the power they carry as believers. The psalmist said, The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell: Psa. 27:1-2. You are light. Satan and his agents will fall back when you arise to take your place; the Scripture cannot be broken. As it is impossible for darkness to overthrow light, so it is with those in Christ Jesus. You must be conversant with this truth and walk in victory.

Prayer/Action
* Lord Jesus, teach me the truth that sets free and let me walk therein, in Jesus’ name.
* I command satan and his agents around my life to fall back and disappear at the speed of light now, in Jesus’ name.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
I decree that as the month advances so shall my greatness increase this month, in the mighty name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment