Thursday, March 12, 2015

Be Steadfast

Thursday 12 March
READ: Luke 22:28-32
MORE LESSON: Rev.3:21-22

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations, and I appoint unto you a kingdom as my father hath appointed unto me: Lk.22:28-29. These are words of assurance for every believer. God knows the pains, tests and trials we go through to keep the faith. He knows the struggles, fears and troubles we experience because of the faith. In some parts of the world today there is great persecution of Christians, putting pressure on them to renounce the Christian faith. God is aware and He encourages, ...therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord: I Cor. 15:58.

The encouragement to all is to stay steadfast because there's a Kingdom appointed for those who continue in the faith. It’s not enough to say yes to Jesus, accepting Him as Lord and Saviour; one must continue in the faith and endure to the end, But he that shall endure to the end , the same shall be saved: Matt.24:13.

There is divine provision to enable steadfastness in the faith, notable of it all is the prayer of the Lord Jesus, But I have prayed for you that thy faith fail not; and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren: Lk. 22:32. Say this to yourself this morning and be strengthened, The substance of my life that gives me identity with Christ will not be tampered with because Jesus has prayed for me. Be strengthened, in Jesus’ name. This is the crux of the matter, be encouraged when going through hard times because Jesus your advocate stands for you, that your faith will not fail. His blood will fight for you, His name will defend you and His glory will cover you. Be strong, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you: I Pet. 5:10.

Prayer/Action
* Pray that help and strength will come for all brethren going through persecution worldwide.
* Pray for yourself that nothing will take you away from Christ.
* Ask God for grace to stand in Christ to the end.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
All my hidden stars will turn to rising and shining stars this year, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment