Thursday, July 30, 2015

"Well done, Good and Faithful Servant”

Thursday 30 July
READ: Matt. 25: 19-23
MORE LESSON: Mk. 8: 36

I had a very brilliant colleague in primary school called Adams that I shared my lunch pack with him so he could teach me after classes. He got admission into a Federal school for his secondary education which I couldn't. I eventually got admission to another secondary school, so I looked for him to appreciate him for his efforts to give me extra lessons when we were in primary school - only for me to discover that he was dead. As a little unsaved primary school graduate, when I heard about the death of my friend, I felt God was not fair. I reasoned that the boy was too good and too brilliant to die. Adams got admission to one of the best schools ever but before he could complete form one, he was dead. And here was I whose father had to beg to find a secondary school to go and struggled to pass the exam, but still alive. I have grown up now to know that death is not a respecter of age, excellence, or wealth. Because I know it is a privilege to be alive, I must therefore give God my all. I must live a life that will earn me in heaven: Welcome good and faithful servant from the Father. He deserves my all. All I am working for is that when I see Him, He will say, Well done, good and faithful servant.

Several great men walked this earth; national heroes, international award winners, rich men, powerful political and world renowned leaders who eventually died and everyone celebrated them. Thereafter, the world moves on. Very influential people die in plane crashes and one would have expected that their influence and positions would have saved them but no. Life is passing and eternity is real. Don't risk it for anything. The world and everything in it will pass away; the only thing that is worth working for is: Well done, good and faithful servant.

I decided long ago that I would not live for cars, popularity or success. My pursuit is that when I see Him face to face, He will say, Welcome, well done, good and faithful servant. This should be your pursuit as well. What shall it profit a man if he gains the world and loses his soul? I heard of a man who had 50 children, and another who had over 50 wives, but it is amazing that no matter what you own in this life, without eternal life, it is all waste. I have seen a lot of great achievers die and their cases closed on this side of eternity.

Check your life; what is your pursuit? What are you living for? The end of all things is nearer than ever. It is high time you began to reconsider your priorities because time is running out. Friend, many things that you think are important now will soon prove to be unimportant and the only thing that will count will be whether or not when you meet God, He will say, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord. Matt 25:23.

Prayer/Action
* Pray that after all is said and done on the earth, you will not be turned back at the gate of heaven.
* Pray that when the roll is called up yonder, you will be there.
* Pray against a successful life time devoid of eternal success.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
Father, open to me the flood gate of help this year, and make me a helper too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment