Monday, July 6, 2015

He has what you Lack

Sunday 5 July
READ: Eph. 3: 8 – 21
MORE LESSON: Prov 8: 18-21

This grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ: v8. The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is not of doom; it is not that of poverty and wretchedness as some people think. Apostle Paul in our text called it “unsearchable riches” and that is one of the things that make the Gospel good news .Those who receive Christ into their lives are free to enjoy His spiritual riches, but many are not informed, or convinced about using all that He has given the believer.
Author Bob George said that it's possible for a Christian to live as a “practical atheist”. That person is someone who, despite having the right doctrines and salvation, approaches life as if he is the only resource available to himself. Such an approach is like buying a powerful car and then pushing it when nothing is wrong with it.
That is why in our text today Apostle Paul's passion for the Ephesian believers was that they might realize that all their needs could be met by Christ's resources. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God: v19. This was Paul's prayer for the believer. He prayed because he believed our God is able to do ...exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,...:v20.
Similarly, my prayer for you too today is that you might begin to enjoy Christ's treasure to the fullness and no longer push on in your own strength. God wants to be everything to every believer at every moment. So, why not lift your empty hands to the Lord, who has promised you His store of goodness that transcends earthly riches, and receive His fullness now.

Prayer/Action
* Today, I fully enter into my inheritance in Christ Jesus.
* I will no longer live by my strength and income; I will live by the resources of heaven.
* I declare an end to lack and want in my life today; I am rich in all things, in Jesus’ mighty name.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
The munitions of the Rock of Ages shall be my defence in this new month;my help will come to me and my bread shall be sure, in Jesus’ name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment