Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Don’t be Negative

Wednesday 7 September
READ: Prov. 4: 20-24
MORE LESSON: Rom. 4: 17

You must watch your thoughts with all diligence because a man's thought will definitely become his reality in life, As a man thinketh in his heart so is he: Prov. 23: 7. If a man thinks negative, no good thing can ever come out of such a man. Negative people are difficult to live with as they are a menace to everyone around and to themselves. If somebody does wrong, they amplify and broadcast it. If the person does well, they wash down and castigate it. They complain if somebody dresses well, and complain if he doesn't dress well. A negative man affects others negatively but he himself suffers the worst effect of his negativity. A negative man always sees the negative in people and situations, not knowing that it is he that is negative. It is like wearing dark glasses, everything including the sun looks dark to you, but these things are actually not dark, it is your eyesight that is dark. A positive man sees the positive in everyone and situation, Unto the pure all things are pure....: Titus 1:15.
The switch from negativity to positivity is simple. All it takes is to switch the direction of your thought. Positive is nothing but going the opposite direction of negative. So instead of going this way, you go the other way and the change is remarkable. So when you feel like saying something wrong about someone, you just decide to say something nice about him. Instead of believing something is wrong, you just trust and believe that it will be right. For you to be positive, make sure you say only positive things about people and situations. At the onset, you might still feel negative, but never talk negative; make sure you only think positive. As the Lord begins to fill you with His thoughts and words more and more, positivity becomes more and more natural to you. It is difficult to change from negativity to positivity by human willpower but when you submit your mindset to the Lord and allow His Word to dominate your thoughts, positivity becomes easy and natural.
It is negativity that makes a student believe that a particular course is difficult. As a school boy, I heard so many negative people tell me that mathematics was so difficult that it could not be passed. I believed that negative thought and it sure did affect me. It was after I had left school that I discovered that if I had believed that mathematics was simple and that I could pass it, I would have performed gallantly in it. As a student, don't ever join people to believe that any course is difficult. May be you are not a student, but there is an area of negativity that someone wants to introduce into your life, you should simply refuse to be negative. A positive mind produces a positive life. In the final analysis, man is negatively disposed to the extent of how much God’s Word dwells in him, Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee: Psa. 119:11.

PRAYER/ACTION
* Today, I silence every negative voice in my spirit.
* I renounce and reject every form of intimidation to cause fear in me.
* I receive the spirit of boldness and of sound mind, in Jesus’ name.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Today I detonate every time bomb of sorrow fixed for the month of September, and I declare them wasted, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment