Saturday, September 24, 2016

Empty Handed

Saturday 24 September
READ: I Cor.9:16-23
MORE LESSON: Ezek. 33:1-7

There is a song I grew up singing as a young believer in the Deeper Life Christian Ministries. Each time I sang it, it was always with passion and burden. That burden and passion has not left me even now. It has become a prayer and labour, something I pray about daily and work at. Sing it with me this morning and pray about it:
Must I go an empty handed, thus my dear redeemer meet, not one soul with which to greet Him, must I empty handed go.
You know why the song hits me so much each time? It is because of my knowledge of God's great investment upon my life, the price that Jesus paid to save a wretched one like me. It makes me cry to Heaven, Oh Lord, don't let me return back home to You like an ingrate, empty handed.
Only an ingrate or an ignorant person will go to Heaven without a soul in his hand to say thank you to Jesus. Think of His sacrifice of putting on humanity although He is God, the humility of subjecting Himself to earthly parents yet the Father of all, I see Him the creator of motion learning to crawl. Imagine Him before Pilate answering framed up charges as an accused. What about the soldiers slapping Him, spitting on Him and mocking Him!
Have you ever thought of Jesus in Gethsemane? He manifested humanity and made a request that could be answered by the Father. He tasted denial and although He prayed with sweat coming out like blood, He never got it and all these just to purchase my forgiveness. With that done, I will be wicked to refuse to tell sinners (friends, classmates, relations and neighbours) about life in Christ.
The only proof of appreciation that you and I can give Jesus is not to keep quiet while sinners go to hell. We must tell them, if by any means we shall be able to snatch some back to God and get to Heaven with a gift of souls.

Prayer/Action
* Oh Lord, don't let me return back home to you empty handed.
* Father, help me to shine the light of the gospel everywhere I am found.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
This month, my heavens must open, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment