Saturday, September 17, 2016

Taking God by His Word

Saturday 17 September
READ: Gen. 21:1-7
MORE LESSON: II Cor. 1:20

Looking at the promises of God, sometimes you wonder whether they are not too big to be real! Take a few examples, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you: I Pet. 1:4. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also: Jn. 14:2-3. The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright: Prov. 21:18. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins: Isa. 43:25. These are indeed no small promises and there are truly a thousand and one others like these. We can take God at His Word because, God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Num. 23:19.
Friend, men are known for lying, not God. Again, we have enough precedents that assure us that God will not fail, no matter how incredible the promise. One of such is the prophecy of the virgin birth in Isa. 7:14, … Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. In the days of Isaiah, many would have doubted it and yet today, it is a reality. Moreover, Heb, 6:18 says, That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie. It is just impossible for God to lie. Now you can take God for whatever He says.
Finally, one of the reasons why men cannot be trusted with their promises is because they make promises that are bigger than them but not so with God. He can therefore not fail. What a faithful God He is. He visited Sarah as He had said and did to Sarah as He had spoken (Gen. 21:1). He promised to take Israel out of Egypt, although the promise lasted for 430 years, He did not forget to do it (Exo. 12:41).
In the same way, you will not be forgotten. God's faithfulness will extend to you today. Just keep holding on to whatever God has said concerning you. Don't lose focus, don't give up. The Lord will not fail you.

PRAYER/ACTION
* Father, I believe Your Word, let it be to me according to Your Word.
* Father, let Your wonderful promises find fulfilment in my life.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
By the power in the blood of Jesus, I terminate anything that stands in my way of making Heaven, in Jesus' name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment