Saturday, December 31, 2016

Shout of Praise

Saturday 31 December
READ: Isa.12:6
MORE LESSON: Psa.98:6-9

Some years ago, as a student in Kwara State School of Basic Studies, I was facing a particular situation that made me cry for sometime. Then I decided to go to an open field to shout praises to God for about 30 minutes. Friend, that problem did not last for two days before I got the victory. Next time there is no one around to share your problem with, shout praises to God. I once asked our father Daddy E.A. Adeboye this question, “Why shout hallelujah?” He replied that satan hates the shout of hallelujah. Give your enemy what he hates. When you shout praises because negative things are happening around you, satan is defeated.
One of my excitements in praise is the secret of it that I understand. There are a few things I know about praise and many things it has done in my life. If there is a multipurpose tablet in the Christian world, that tablet is praise. It reverses the enemy's activities. I have not seen anything that is needful for God that praise is not useful for. Praise is useful for all times. Praise is a singular multi-faceted tool that God has given us. The dimension of praise I want to share with you today is SHOUT.
The Bible admonished in the Old Testament that the priests be clothed with righteousness and the saints shout for joy. Praise can be done in form of shouting. Isa.12: 6: says, Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. In this scripture, there is a command; Shout. Why? Because of joy. Shout is an expression that goes with joy. In this scripture, it is so clear that one of the ways we can express the presence of God in our midst is with a shout. God's appearances in most occasions in the Old Testament were heralded with shout. When God comes into a situation, there is a shout. This means you can do a shout of praise to invite God into a situation.
Why do we have a shout when God is involved in a matter? This is because the presence of God brings great intervention into a matter. David said, Shout for the presence of God in your midst is great. This is because something extraordinary has entered into your midst. You can either use shout to invite the presence of God into a matter or to celebrate God in a situation. These are the two things you can do with shout. As you shout praises to God, the Lord will arise and destroy your enemies, in Jesus' name.

Prayer/Action
* Lord, let the situation I am going through end in praise.
* Father, all through the year, the shout of praise shall not cease in my mouth.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
My Father and my God, You are the reason for my seeing today, I praise You and dedicate my life afresh to Your praise! Thank You for 2016, in the mighty name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment