Monday, May 15, 2017

Spiritual Training for Children II

Monday 15 May
READ: Mal. 2: 15
MORE LESSON: Eph. 6: 1 – 4

One of the reasons why God made a man and his wife to become one is because He is seeking godly children. Mal 2:15a (NKJV) says, But did He not make them one, Having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring.... God's ultimate goal is not just that children are produced but that godly children are raised. To achieve this, we have to influence the children from their formative years. We should not allow the society, school and other institutions to form our children and then we try to reform them when we are not satisfied with what they have turned out to be. The best way to form children's conviction is to live a life of spiritual example before them while they are young.
I learnt this experientially years ago. Naturally, I spend a lot of time in the place of prayer. But I can be praying quietly for hours on a spot and no one would know except he/she comes very close to me. However, when my wife prays, you will know that someone is praying. In fact, you don't need to be in the room with her before you know. Of course, I am the one that has to put up with the praying. So, one day I asked, “why are you doing this to me, why can't you pray quietly like me.” She replied, “You can pray quietly for a long time and that is admirable. At the same time, God has blessed you with a wife that can pray loud. If the children don't hear you praying; at least, they will hear me and know they have parents that pray a lot.” I said it is okay. So anytime she needed to pray and I wanted to do something else, I would leave the room and go find a place to do whatever I needed to do. One day, I heard the children mimicking 'mummy's tongues'. They were actually speaking in tongues and saying this is how mummy prays.
It is important that parents do the right things for children to see. If you wake up in the night to pray, even if you don't want to ask them to join you, pray loud and 'disturb them small'. Let them grow up knowing that parents wake up at night to pay the price in prayer over their children's destiny. You should also bring your children to night vigils even if they will sleep throughout. Let them grow up with it.
Conversely, as parents, there are things that are lawful but not expedient. As a mother, a dress might not be a sin but if you wear it, your daughter will take it a bit further. You started it, she will help you finish it and then you can't control it anymore. For the sake of the children, there are certain things you must do and other things you must not do.

Prayer/Action
* Pray that you will not fail in your role as a parent, in Jesus’ name.
* Lord, bring your expectation for my home to pass, in the mighty name of Jesus.

TODAY'S PROPHETIC PRAYER
Father, as this month draws to a close, I decree that every calendar of evil prepared by satanic kingdom for my future be destroyed now, in the name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment