Thursday, January 14, 2016

Know who You are 2

Thursday 14 January
READ: Acts 16: 16 - 18
MORE LESSON: Psa. 139: 14 - 17

In today’s text, Paul and Silas went to preach in a town and a demon possessed girl followed them saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation: Acts 16:17. The demon actually was announcing who these apostles were. But these men knew who they were, they didn't need any demon to tell them who they were. So they cast the demon out. A man cannot do exploits unless he knows who he is. It is the knowledge of who you are in Christ that empowers you to cast out demons.

I had cast out so many demons from the early stage of my ministry that I have lost count. However, I was ministering deliverance once and the demon began to speak, 'You don't talk to me, who are you? You can't do anything.' The pastors present were so angry with the demon; I told them to relax; no problem, if the demon says he doesn't know who I am. I know who I am. I am an anointed servant of God. At the end of the day, he will know. Don't let a demon outwit you by telling you, you are nobody.

I have also seen people do deliverance and celebrate the fact that the demon acknowledged that they are servants of God. That is unwise. It doesn't matter what the demon says or doesn't say; what matters is that you recognise who you are. A man can be messed up in life for lack of knowledge of who he is. Whatever is your calling in life, know it and stay by it.

If you are called into the ministry, know your calling and commission. I have seen people face a servant of God and tell him, 'Are you still preaching, you better go and find something doing, this one that you are struggling to make ends meet.'' If the pastor doesn't know who he is and what he is called to do, such a statement is sufficient to discourage him from ministry. It is only the one who knows who he is that will not be deterred. You may not be getting all the results now but stay at it if that is what God called you to do; He is preparing you for greater things. You can only persist when you are sure about who you are, and persistence is the secret to excellence.

Discover yourself and be confident of who God says you are. Let other people's testimony about you be mere addition so that even if they don't testify, you are still yourself. Know your potentials and capabilities in life and go for a great height of excellence. There is strength in knowing yourself; it saves you from competition and comparison with others. Even if you are doing what others are doing, let there be a uniqueness that comes in as your trademark born out of self-knowledge.

Prayer/Action
* In the name of Jesus, I step into my full place of authority and dominion in Christ Jesus.
* Father, grant me grace to walk in the fullness of Your purpose for my life and nothing will shift me away, in Jesus’ name.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
Every step I take this year shall be divinely guided; I shall not miss my targets, in the wonderful name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment