Monday, January 4, 2016

Pressing towards the Mark l

Monday 4 January
READ: Phil. 3:12-14
MORE LESSON: 2 Cor. 12:1-4

Paul was a man of exceptional grace and revelation. God worked through him and he is on record as an apostle who had more results than the other apostles in his time (1 Cor. 15: 10). He endured hardships and suffered many things for the cause of Christ. The glory of a veteran soldier are the battles he fought and won. When we examine the life of Paul, we will conclude that he was a general for the Lord even while still alive. In visions and revelations, Paul excelled, he wrote in 2 Cor 12:1-4, I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. I believe Paul was talking about himself here. He had visions and revelations in the realm of Heaven beyond what other men were permitted to have. It is this same Paul who wrote about two-thirds of the books of the New Testament.

This means that most of the books that we live, preach, teach from in the New Testament were written by Paul. Paul travelled to continents and reached different sets of people. In preaching, teaching and oratory, Paul was in a class of his own. As a professor of law, he spoke once and a ruler named Felix looked at him and said, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad: Acts 26: 24. He spoke at a level of reasoning that was so much above the intelligence of the king that the king thought that Paul was mad. When a man is too much to be understood, people call him names.

However my intent is not to glorify Paul as only the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is worthy of all glory. The point that makes me wonder about the life of Paul is when in Phil 3: 12 – 14, which is our text for today, he remarked that he had not attained the call of God in his life but he was still pressing to the mark. In fact he said he forgot all that he had done in the past and he pressed toward the prize. If a man with kingdom achievements like Paul was still pressing to do more for God, then no man alive today has the right to think that he has arrived. I want to charge you to forget all the things you have done in the past and press to do more for God. Appreciate God for the past, but don't rest on it. Press towards the mark.

Prayer/Action
* Today, I receive grace and strength to press forward, in Jesus’ name.
* Lord, help me to leave my failure behind so that I can succeed and move forward, in Jesus’ name.
* I declare that I shall not give up in the fight of destiny.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
Father, in the name of Jesus, I must advance in 2016 and not retreat, in the mighty name of Jesus

0 comments:

Post a Comment