Monday, January 25, 2016

Walking without Sinking 2

Monday 25 January
READ: Matt.14:22-32
MORE LESSON: Jer. 1: 12

Anytime you stand in faith looking at Jesus as the Word, the Blood, or the Life, there is nothing that can make you sink in life. Faith in God turns water to rock and wherever you stand becomes solid rock. In every circumstance that surrounds me, I see life behind the cross. For as long as you set your eyes on the Cross of Jesus, nothing can sink you. Before any evil can get to you, it must first win over the cross. Standing on the cross is an authority that governs the universe, a strength that has never experienced failure. Choose to see the cross first before seeing anything.

When I first started ministry, people used to come to me with many sad stories of what was happening to them. I used to become sober and downcast along with them and feel sorry for them. But then I started discovering that the people have not come to see me but who I represent. So when people come now with situations that could make anyone cry, I start making joke out of bad matters. When they come crying over a bad case, I begin to laugh and crack joke with them. Then I share God’s Word and I pray with them before I ask them to go. Some think that it is because I do not understand what they are going through. But no, it is because I choose not to see what the devil is doing but what God can do. I choose not to see the storm but Jesus miraculously walking on the water.

A woman came to me crying over her medical report of a cancer diagnosis. I collected the report and said, 'Father thank You because You are bigger than all this nonsense report. I replace the bad report with a good report'. Then I gave her back the paper and told her go see her doctor for a re-check. She looked at me and asked, 'Is that all?' Then she went and reported to the person who brought her that the Bishop didn't lay hands on her head. The fellow replied, 'Did he say anything to you?' She said that he only spoke a few words of prayer and told me to go and see the doctor again. Then the fellow said, ‘Go and do what he told you’. The Lord healed the woman supernaturally.

What she didn't know is that when I spoke to her, I wasn't seeing the cancer anymore; I was seeing her situation changed by the Miracle Worker. She forgot about the cross and remembered cancer as she came. But I decided to focus on the cross and help her put her attention away from cancer to the Great Physician. I don't care what you are going through; as long as you remove your focus from the situation and put it on the finished work of Christ on the Cross, you will experience miracles. You will walk on waters and not sink, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer/Action
* Father, I choose to believe Your report over the report of satan, in Jesus’ name.
* Today, I set my face like a flint, I shall not lose focus on the promises of God in my life.

PROPHETIC PRAYER
The sound of joy and the gathering of celebration shall not be missing in my new year in the mighty name of Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment